Thursday, June 28, 2012

30 Day Shred (losing my shell)

<p>Did my third day of the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. (from here on out we'll call it 30ds) For those of you that do not know, its a workout dvd that is based on the circuit training idea. 3 minutes cardio, 2 minutes strength and one minute abs. Its hard as hell, but I love it.

Had to pick up a few days later. Ahh, yes the 30ds. Glad that I have the digital copy on Amazon so I can watch it on my tab at the hotel. (I'll try to do the jumping jacks quietly) maybe I'll add a little yoga workout. I'm finally okay with saying I'm proud of myself. I've stuck to this eating well thing for quite a while now. No fast food, unless it's Sonic in Great Falls according to Emily. And I've shown myself that I really am capable of doing the kickass workouts I've wanted to do(even if it's in my living room with me cursing and sweating) I've lost 20 pounds, and did Bloomsday with my personal best time. I'm wearing pants I wasn't even able to button two years ago. I feel better, and hell-look better too. I'm actually quite enjoying challenging myself in new ways. To show myself I still have it, what I thought I had lost was in fact just buried under 20 lbs of yuck. Might not sound like much to some people, but for me its just the beginning of my journey. I can't wait to see what the next few months will bring. I am excited to marry the man I love, the one who brings out the best in me and deals with the worst of me. (maybe that should go in the vows) I'm stoked to be joined with Cory until we're old and gray, and beyond. I've finally decided I'm able to come to terms with a few things in my life; there are things that will never change, no matter how much I worry or try to help. There are people that must be forgiven, no matter how much it hurts, it will heal with time. There are people who should never be forgotten, whether historical figure, family, or a friend. Every opportunity presented to better myself, learn more about my trade, or learn a different point of view should be taken. Alright, now I shall go off to dream land, I'm thinking of Transformers meets Magic Mike. Hahahah. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment